HTA5 or 6-Speed Dog-Change Gearbox
Dog-change gearbox designed for use in front-engine, rear-wheel-drive race cars.
- Available in both H-Pattern and Sequential shift versions.
- The lay-shaft and main-shaft are arranged in a plane parallel to the ground to allow for especially low-mounted engine configurations.
- Torque rating for endurance events is 880Nm (650ft.lb).
- The gearbox is fitted with 5 or 6 forward gears and a reverse gear. 5 speed versions also contain a pair of drop gears that can be changed to alter the overall transmission ratio. All forward gears are profile ground for increased efficiency and durability.
- Shifting is via an integral gear-lever (sequential only) or a remotely actuated shift-rod.
- The internal lubrication system consists of a magnetic / paper element filter, an oil pump with provision for an external oil cooler and an integral spray bar to feed cooled oil directly onto the gears.
- All gears are removable from shafts with an extensive range of ratios available.
- Input is via a removable quill-shaft which can be customised to suit individual requirements.
- Output is via a slip yoke which can be customised to suit individual requirements.
- On sequential versions a gear position sensor is supplied for interfacing with an electronic dash display.
- Alternatively a stand-alone gear indicator display is available for cars not fitted with an electronic dash.
- Case hardened nickel chrome steel is used for all gears and shafts.
- The selector forks are manufactured from high tensile, nitrided steel.
- Casings are sandcast Aluminium alloy, heat treated to T6 specifications.
- O-ring seals are used on all joint faces.
- Gearbox weight is 39kg (86lbs)