MF-2WD6-speed Sequential Transverse-Transaxle
Sequential shift dog-change transaxle designed for use in transverse engine, two-wheel-drive race cars.
- Primarily intended to be installed in conventional front-wheel-drive cars, but also applicable for transversely mounted mid-engined cars, such as the Toyota MR2, Lotus Elise, KTM X-Bow or Ariel Atom.
- Torque rating for endurance events is 700Nm (520ft.lb).
- The transaxle is fitted with 6 forward gears, a reverse gear and a final drive. All gears are profile ground for increased efficiency and durability.
- Engine side bolt pattern is either cast and machined integral, or fitted with a removable bellhousing.
- All gears have an extensive range of ratios available, the 1st pinion gear is integral with the shaft.
- The internal lubrication system consists of a magnetic / paper element filter, an oil pump with provision for an external cooler, a spray bar to feed cooled oil directly onto the gears, through-shaft lubrication to all needle roller bearings and oil feed through the differential.
- Input is via a removable quill-shaft which can be customised to suit individual requirements.
- Output is available with bolt up flanges, integral tripods, or can be customised to suit individual requirements.